Tuesday, January 15, 2019

How to Stay Motivated and Keep Running!

As a feature of my new blog arrangement on running, this spotlights on something which I accept is a standout amongst the most vital parts of running: inspiration.

On the off chance that you adore running, this isn't an issue for you, as you as of now have the inspiration you require. Be that as it may, a lot of sprinters (and the individuals who haven't begun yet) need to go out running all the more regularly however step by step lose intrigue or lose inspiration after some time.

There is no sure fire way to guarantee that you can make someone keep running – especially when the winter months come and the weather would put anyone off.

For me, it is about details (there is a reason this site is called Gym Geek). I want to ensure I'm beating individual records and that I'm running for longer separations. 

Also, the main way that I know my running details are on account of Strava. (There are a lot of other following applications that will reveal to all of you the numbers, figures and guide courses that you would ever want – yet Strava works the best for me). 


.I always keep my Strava heatmap (showing every route I’ve been) updated too (more for biking, I’m trying to cover every single road in my city. I tend to run the exact same routes so it is a bit pointless) and every time I manually update it’ll tell me “Last updated: 2 days ago”. I make a point to keep that number low and make sure I log enough runs to be regularly clicking “update now”.

But running with someone is fantastic motivation to:
  • turn up! You won’t want to let your new running buddy down
  • run faster! If you are even a little bit competitive, you won’t want to be running slowly!
  • run longer! Similar to my previous point, you won’t want to give up when your running buddy wants to carry on for another 1km!

Join a club or a regular park run

Most cities will have at least one running club. Search online and join them! Having others who regularly run in an organised way will keep you motivated to go and join them!
Another option are ‘park runs’. These are organised free weekly timed runs all over the world. Most cities over around 20,000 people seem to have them. For me, they are every Saturday morning in a park across from my street (very convenient, I must say).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages